Expires On: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 4:50 AM
Description: Additional summer program. Students who complete this program will be eligible for ½ high school practical art credit.
- Paid employment
- 180 hours required for ½ credit
- Work must all take place in the same semester.
- Verification of hours is required.
- Journal and career development worksheets required.
- Links to forms/registration information
What: Summer Work Coop WW 705 or On the Job Training WW 710 for 1/2 credit
Where: Central Peninsula Area
Who is eligible: Those students enrolled in a CTE class spring or fall semester of 2013-2014 and have attained a Junior or Senior status by June 1, 2014.
Competencies and standards in both employability skills and work base learning skills will be developed. A checklist and evaluation will be designed for each student and their place of employment.Employee evaluations will also be completed by the employer and will be part of the overall grade. Grades will range from A-F. One half credit will be available upon successful completion of the course.
- Must have viable employment (licensed and legal employer adhering to all child labor laws). Ideally the employment is in the area of the student's career pathway or interest. A Training Agreement and Parent Permission form must be filled out.
- Must have a minimum of 180 hours at the work site
- Must keep a work journal and time sheets through out the work experience
- Must do worksheets on career development and planning.