The mission of the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is to develop productive, responsible citizens who are prepared to be successful in a dynamic world.
We envision KPBSD students who engage in their learning, participate in their community, reach high levels of achievement, and graduate prepared for their future.
- Each student can learn and be successful
- Every student is recognized as unique, valuable, and is treated with respect and dignity
- Learning is a lifelong process
- The educational environment is safe, engaging and purposeful.
- Our students' educational experience depends on understanding and working with diverse communities
- Early identification of strengths and weaknesses is crucial to ensure overall development and achievement
- High standards and expectations are essential for student success and preventing student failure
- Continuous improvement is student-centered, data-driven, and collaborative
- Differentiated learning opportunities are integral to all instruction
- A rigorous curriculum challenges students
- Collaboration and effective instruction are district commitments
- Teachers are facilitators of learning and agents of inspiration
- KPBSD graduates are prepared for post-secondary education and, or, career ready
- All financial decisions are student centered and sustainable
Deliver relevant, rigorous, standards-based curriculum in conjunction with alternative pathways and a flexible approach to ensure that every KPBSD student stays engaged, reaches high levels of achievement and graduates.
Evolve KPBSD as a highly reliable, world-class organization that fosters a culture of innovation, attracts and retains the best-of-the-best employees, and supports an infrastructure that promotes a fluid academic environment.
Community and Family Engagement
All KPBSD schools reach out to parents and communities to promote shared value and responsibility for the process of education.