KPBSD is now using AESOP, a new automated substitute placement system that will simplify and streamline finding substitutes.
Thank you for your interest in substituting with the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District. All substitutes must be registered at the District Office. To be an approved substitute, you must complete the following:
- Online Application (Teacher Application / Support Application)
- 3 confidential online reference surveys (sent from within the application)
- Copy of License or Certificate (if applicable to position)
- Copies of college transcripts:
- Substitute teachers must provide copies of transcripts verifying 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college.
- Substitute Nurses must provide copies of transcripts verifying an Associate of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Substitute forms (located within the application) include:
- KPBSD Safety Orientation
- Substitute Online Training
Absence Management login information will be issued after the Orientation and OSHA Safety Training is completed and all of the above documents are on file at the Human Resources Office. Your name will then be added to the approved “master” substitute list online. Schools call substitutes on the approved substitute list on an “as needed” basis.
Please monitor your license, certificate and physical expiration dates to remain current on the substitute list. After your initial physical examination, your physical is then required every 3 years. A reminder of your due date for your physical is on the Summer Update Letter.
**PLEASE NOTE: All substitutes are removed from our system at the end of each school year. Substitutes who were still active at the end of the previous school year will receive a Summer Update Letter requesting updated information and confirmation of interest in substituting for the upcoming school year. The Summer Update Letter must be returned. Once all required, updated material has been submitted to the Human Resources Department, you will once again gain access to Absence Management.
Substitute Pay Scale (pdf)
If you do not substitute within a 2 year time period, your file will be purged.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (907) 714-8888.
||To complete the application process, visit our Substitute Application page by clicking on the button to the left.