KPBSD places a high value on the student teaching experience. High expectations and standards provide a focus for the success of this process. We are committed to providing an effective learning environment for the student teacher as well as our own students, therefore the placement of student teachers, observers and interns is a careful and thoughtful process.
To apply for student teaching, observing or an internship, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the KPBSD Volunteer Application online at www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us indicating the school preference (s)
- Review the KPBSD Requirements for Student Teaching, Student Observations, or Internships
- Complete the KPBSD Student Teacher Registration Form and review the Internet Use Agreement and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
- Complete the KPBSD Student Teacher Responsibility Contract
- Provide an unofficial copy of your transcripts
- Provide a current TB test (must be within one year)
- Provide a syllabus or description of program expectations
Once the required paperwork is complete and turned in to Human Resources, we will contact the school and set up placement. Please do not contact the school directly. You will be notified by your advisor or KPBSD when placement is complete. You will then be given information to contact the administrator or mentor teacher. It is recommended that you meet prior, to go over classroom rules and expectations.
Every effort is made to accommodate when a specific school is requested, but the District has final say in placements.
Should you have any questions, please contact Stephanie in Human Resources (907) 714-8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org