KPBSD Personalized Learning Blog
"We are very excited to work with Education Elements as a part of our strong investment in our staff. We are poised to make significant progress in personalizing the educational experience for all of our students and this professional development will help us fulfill our long term goals in this endeavor." –Sean Dusek, superintendent
What is personalized learning?
Personalized learning (PL) tailors learning for the strengths, needs, and interests of every student—including enabling student voice and choice in what, how, when, and where they learn—to provide flexibility and supports which ensure mastery at the highest standards possible.
Personalized learning is the structuring of schools, classrooms, and instruction so we can better respond to the individual needs of students, instead of expecting students to fit the current mold or adapt to structures that may not be successful for them. Many of our teachers implement elements of personalized learning in their classrooms right now. The core four elements include:
- Integrated Digital Content: digital content that allows for a differentiated path and pace
- Targeted Instruction: instruction aligned to specific student needs and learning goals
- Data Driven Decisions: frequent data collection that informs instructional decisions and groupings
- Student Reflection and Ownership: ongoing student reflection that promotes ownership of learning
Read more from Superintendent Dusek's letter to KPBSD staff
FAQ's: Read FAQs
KPBSD Personalized Learning FAQ Blog
What is your PL Question?
Help build the FAQs.
- What is Personalized Learning?
- Is Personalized Learning just the next fad in education or "one more thing"?
- Will teachers be able to truly apply a Personalized Learning approach to all students in a classroom? Won't that be too much work for the teacher to manage?
- It sounds like we're getting rid of teachers and putting kids on computers to do all of their work.
- This seems like a lot of work, and for what? Why are we always being asked to change and innovate?
- I think my classroom works just fine and my students are learning just fine. Do I have to "do" this?
- Who is Education Elements and what do they do?
- Do we really need Education Elements? Can't we just do this ourselves?
- How exactly will Education Elements help me in my classroom?
- As a teacher, will I have powerful tools and strategies to help me differentiate instruction and personalize learning for each student?